Living here offers
being in a traditional community, complete with a cozy downtown area, historic buildings, and hometown high schools with championship sports teams...
Proximity to Omaha, Bellevue, and Offutt Air Force Base. Residents looking for a small-town community.
Not ideal for
Someone who is accustom to a large variety of shopping within walking distance, or nightlife.
4 bedrooms, 3 baths, 2-car garage
“Papillion is a regular on our list because of its top-notch schools, safe streets, and 15-minute, traffic-jam-free commute to Omaha, home of major employers in industries like financial services and health care.”
— MONEY Magazine’s Best Places to Live
Welcome to Papillion
As one of Nebraska’s fastest growing communities, Papillion routinely tops national publication lists (Money Magazine, Bloomberg Businessweek, Livability.com, etc.) as one of the best places to live in America. Yet, with its booming economy and proximity to a large metropolitan city, Papillion still maintains the multiple benefits of small-town living.
Located in the center of Sarpy County, Papillion serves as the county seat. This energetic community is situated just south of Omaha. Plus, with Interstates 80 and 29 nearby, Papillion’s central positioning makes it convenient for commuters as well as travel.
People Who Live Here:
Bloomberg Businessweek has named Papillion the Best Affordable Suburb in Nebraska and the best community to raise children. A primary reason for this well-deserved honor is the fantastic people who make up this diverse city. Families, couples, retirees and singles all call Papillion home. In addition, for military personnel stationed at Offutt Air Force Base in nearby Bellevue, Papillion offers a welcoming location to establish residence.
• Papillion LaVista Community Schools strong education system
• Low unemployment rates – 3.2%
• Affordable Housing
• Lowest crime rate in Nebraska
• Papillion Police Department requires all officers to have a college education, and places a strong emphasis on community policing.
• Distinguished civic organizations, foundations and businesses
• Papillion Fire Department is comprised of full-time personnel, on duty seven days a week, 24 hours a day.
Many homeowners select Papillion, in large part due to the excellent schools in this area. The Papillion LaVista Community School System is combined with neighboring LaVista. Together, these two communities provide students with outstanding elementary, middle and high schools. Schools which have been recognized locally and nationally for excellence in academic achievement. Additionally, for higher education opportunities, Papillion is located within commuting distance to nine area well-renown colleges and universities.
While Papillion commuters enjoy the big-city amenities of Omaha (home of five Fortune 500 companies), Papillion is also home to various significant employers. Papillion employers include SAC Federal Credit Union, Black Hills Energy, and the new Papillion Data Center (Facebook), which recently broke ground April 2017.
With continuous emerging growth, Papillion offers its residents a diverse number of shopping, business and dining options – including Midlands Place shopping center, Shadow Lake Towne Center, and historic downtown Papillion. Established in 1870, this downtown area was recently revitalized, and is home to an abundance of specialty markets (Northwoods Cheese Haus, Twisted Vine – a wine and painting studio, and cozy boutiques). This traditional city is also home to more than 80 thriving small businesses and fantastic public spaces. Moreover, downtown Papillion is home to Sump Memorial Library, a newly renovated 23,000-squre foot public library and state-of-the-art technology center.
Papillion residents of all ages enjoy the multitude of diverse activities and top-notch programs provided by the city’s recreational department. With plenty of first-class city & neighborhood parks & greenways; numerous well-maintained biking/walking trails; several golf courses; and extraordinary athletic fields, this prosperous community has it all. Other notable highlights include:
• SumTur Amphitheatre – an outdoor amphitheater seating 2,500. SumTur is a popular location for live family entertainment, concerts, weddings, church services, business events, as well as corporate & non-profit rentals.
• Werner Park – home of the Omaha Storm Chasers, the Triple A Affiliate of the Kansas City Royals. The park also serves as a unique outdoor venue for corporate events, concerts, charity walks, and much more throughout the year.
• Annual Papillion Days Festival – this annual summer celebration includes a parade, rides, live music, family entertainment, food & shopping at Papillion’s City Park.
• Walnut Creek Lake – a 500-acre lake offering camping, hiking, bike & horseback riding trails, and fishing.
There are countless reasons Papillion has consistently been called one of the best places in the country to raise a family.